SINE Player Changelog
This section lists all SINE Player updates and their changes.
SINE Player 220.127.116.119 is required to download and install Tableau Solo Strings.
SINE Player 1.0.3. adds a number of UI updates and makes downloading and updating instruments more reliable.
- In the Mixer, mic positions can now be toggled by clicking on their name.
- The Poly View in the Performance View now resizes when you make the SINE Player window larger or smaller.
- The virtual keyboard is now also shown in the Library View.
- SINE Player will only update the internal library when the user actually calls up the store, or downloads an instrument/update.
- By popular request, instruments now start out with their mixer channels expanded.
- The Modwheel and Pitchbend Wheel now correctly animate.When using multiple PlugIn instances, texts will not mysteriously grow in size anymore.
- The download dialog will now use "Space" instead of "Size" for the drive capacity to avoid confusion.
- The Settings panel of a Collection will now only show its first mic position location.
- The version number is now also shown in the about screen.
- The browser now works correctly on high-res screens like a Surface Pro.
Performance and Reliability Improvements:
- SINE Player does not crash anymore when going to the browser, then immediately elsewhere.
- Improved speed and reliability when downloading multiple collections at the same time.
- Updates are now correctly downloaded to the correct content location instead of the folder where the content might have been originally if the user moved it.
- Existing content now follows the correct sorting if only a single mic position is installed.
- Saving sequencer presets now does not crash Logic Pro anymore.
- General PolyMap Improvement and Stability Update.
- Vast improvements to download and update handling. No more "Can not find mic position by ID".
- If SINE Player is downloading instruments, the VST will not show the "Download in progress" warning when scanned upon opening the sequencer. The warning will only be shown if the actual UI has been visible.
SINE Player 1.0.2 brings big performance improvements, speeds up loading of large instances immensely and introduces full recall for custom PolyMaps. It also fixes a number of smaller issues and updates the Store/MyLicenses framework.
New SINE Store Layout:
- The layout of the built-in store has been completely revamped, with external links to full product pages.
- When loading from an unsupported file system, SINE Player will now warn the user instead of simply act surprised and do nothing.
(for this fix to be effective for existing collections, these collections need an instrument update. This update has been released for LAYERS already; it will follow for JXL Brass within a few days).
- Updates will now automatically update the existing instruments instead of asking for a location.
- macOS: Ctrl-Clicking will now reset mixer faders.
- Activation and Reset links will now lead directly to the relevant pages instead of just the OT website.
- The built-in Store/MyLicenses browser now has its own helper application that makes it more robust.
- When assigning a higher MIDI channel to an instrument, performance does not progressively get worse anymore the higher the channel.
- When playing an instance while another instance is loading, performance is not degraded anymore.
- Loading a saved project does not cause a stuck high system load anymore
- System load when enabling new mic positions has been lowered.
- Large instances will now close much, much faster.
- PolyMaps are now correctly recalled in existing projects.
- Changed key switch ranges are now correctly reflected in MonoView.
- When reloading a project with muted/soloed channels, the Mic Remote will be correctly restored.
- After activating SINE Player, default key switches are now correctly set.
- When switching between articulations with variable key range, legato notes will not hang anymore.
- When switching between articulations with multiple variations, the UI will now display the variation that is actually sounding instead of the first one.
- SINE Player will now dutifully stay open when loading a preset without clearing the Articulation List first. It will also load said preset.
- Downloads now can be canceled and SINE Player will delete aborted downloads
- SINE Player will not reload into DFD when no samples are changed (= less CPU cycles)
- The macOS installation process has been improved
- C-2 can now be selected via MIDI
- Log Files are now called SINEPlayer.log instead of OTSampler.log
- Fixed a rare issue where SINE Player would freeze or crash when switching from Store/MyLicenses to another tab
- public release